Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thursday - May 12


 Today was an amazing day. We started with a trip to the waters edge to look at many different sea creatures. I was surprised at how warm the water was. Then we got on the bus to visit Eluanbi Park and Kenting National Park. We had lunch with traditional Taiwan style. I loved the sea bass, even though it was served with the head on the platter. I still am honing my chopstick skills! We visited the brightest lighthouse in Asia and the scenery was beautiful. Next we went to the mountain for a Jeep excursion. Then it was a stop to swim in the Nan Bay. There were so many students we decided to go back and swim at the hotel before dinner. After a dip in the pool and a couple trips down the water slide, we went to Smokey Joes for dinner and a stroll at the night market. Back on the bus at 9pm for a ride back to the resort. Catching up on some emails and relaxing. What a great day!

The entire day reminded me of being in Michigan. We have a number of lighthouses to enjoy-- two of my favorites are in Ludington and Manistee. Silver Lake Sand Dunes offers similar rides in dune buggies instead of Jeeps. A swim in Lake Michigan offers spectacular views. You might have guessed, if you didn't already know, that I do love the west side of the state and Lake Michigan. It is the place I visit when I need to relax. I will say, Taiwan offers many great attractions and activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment